Visiting the zendo for the first time? Please be sure to contact Eisho prior to your visit at 646-258-2490 (phone or text) for helpful information.
Schedule for October 2018:
Sundays: 9.00 – 11.45 am (Note our new start time: 9.00 am)
- September 30, October 7 and October 14: Two periods of meditation, followed by Wisdom of Koans discussion group.
- October 21: Two periods of zazen followed by Jukai Ceremony (Receiving the Zen Precepts)
- October 28: Two periods of meditation, followed by dharma discussion of Joko Beck’s book, Nothing Special. (Eisho away)
Tuesdays, 5.30 – 7.20 pm. Three periods of meditation.
- October 2: Meditation Tune-up. Guided meditation. No teacher interviews this evening.
- October 9: Regular zazen practice, with teacher interview offered.
- October 16: Two periods of meditation, followed by Fusatsu (ceremony of atonement) and short dharma talk on Zen precepts. No teacher interview offered.
- October 23: Regular zazen practice, with teacher interview offered.
- October 30: Regular zazen practice. No teacher interview as Eisho away.