Visiting the zendo for the first time? Please be sure to contact Eisho prior to your visit at 646-258-2490 (phone or text) for helpful information.
For September 2017:
Sundays: 8.30 – 11.15 am Two periods of meditation, followed by study/discussion group.
- Sept 3: Joko Beck’s Everyday Zen, with book discussion led by Marty. (Note Eisho away.)
- Sept 10: Joko Beck’s Everyday Zen
- Sept 17: Zazenkai, from 8.30 am – 3.45 pm. An opportunity for extended meditation practice, including zazen, walking meditation, dharma talk, teacher meetings, and oryoki (silent mindful miday meal taken together in the zendo.)
- Sept 24: We begin study/discussion of the classic Zen text, The Ox-Herding Pictures.
Tuesdays: 5.30 – 7.20 pm (Three periods of meditation; individual teacher meetings are offered)
- Sept 5: Note that Eisho is away, no teacher meetings.
- Sept 12: Regular schedule
- Sept 19: No teacher meetings; individual interviews this week at zazenkai on 9/17.
- Sept 26: Regular schedule.